Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC)
VP, Business Development-Air Force (Job Number:431548)
SAIC's National Security Customer Group has the need for dynamic Business Development Vice President to lead the Air Force Operation sales team. The Air Force Operation supports Air Force, DOD HQs and MDA customers. The ideal candidate will have proven strategy, business development and proposal experience, established customer and industry partner relationships, and outstanding leadership, budget management and communication skills. The candidate will coordinate and manage all Air Force Operation business development activities focused on meeting or surpassing the Operation business development metrics (e.g., submits, wins). This includes pipeline management and prioritization, growth strategy development and implementation, and all capture and marketing activities (e.g., win strategy, teaming, white paper development, trade shows) that focus on growing the organization. If you are a highly-motivated, outstanding leader who can positively influence coalitions to successfully execute business goals, and have proven track record of growing business in Air Force, DOD Hqs and MDA customers, we want you to join our team!
- Sales, pipeline and proposal experience
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple business development activities across multiple customers, multiple capabilities and multiple locations of >$50m-$1B+
- Ability to engage, motivate and collaborate within a matrixed, multi-disciplinary environment
- Extensive government-focused business development experience with excellent win rates
- Excellent capture and proposal development expertise with color reviews, developing win themes, discriminators, value propositions and embedding this in the finished proposal product
- In-depth knowledge of government contracting, acquisition trends and customer mission requirements and buying behaviors
- Programmatic background with experience dealing with multiple contract types
- Demonstrate impeccable leadership skills, outstanding business ethics, management rigor, in-depth customer knowledge, superior understanding of industry trends and competitive intelligence, and expert pricing strategies.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Highly developed oral and written communication and presentation skills to communicate effectively with senior managers, colleagues, industry partners and other stakeholders
- Highly motivated to win new business and grow organization
- U.S. Citizenship and an active Secret Clearance 8+ years of management experience as capture manager and/or business developer with successful capture of large programs in areas related to System integration, Systems Engineering, Mission IT, Cyber, Space and other related technical services.
- Experience running diverse, geographically dispersed sales teams
- Proven full life cycle business development experience developing $5B qualified pipelines aligned with corporate strategy
- Successful capture leadership win record for solutions based bids greater than $50M in total value
- Demonstrated impeccable leadership skills, outstanding business ethics, sales rigor, in-depth Air Force customer knowledge, superior understanding of industry trends and competitive intelligence
- TS with SCI eligility upon a SSBI completed within the last 3 years
- Experience with Special Access Programs
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Formal BD and Capture training from a recognized training/education provider such as Shipley, Miller-Heiman, etc.
- Program management experience and/or certifications and experience running programs of various sizes
- Experience as an account manager
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
JOB POSTING: Oct 13, 2017, 10:23:42 AM
PRIMARY LOCATION: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST CURRENTLY POSSESS: Secret
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: Top Secret/SCI
POTENTIAL FOR TELEWORKING: No
TRAVEL: Yes, 25% of the time
SHIFT: Day Job
OTHER LOCATIONS: United States-VA-RESTON
Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC)
Website : http://www.saic.com
The setting for SAIC's startup in 1969 was not much different than that of many companies that begin with a few dollars and a good idea. Small, austere offices with rented desks and typewriters that have seen better days. People furiously working days, nights and weekends, hoping to curb the anxiety over the future. For SAIC, it began in offices with a tremendous ocean view (rented for $2.40 per square foot per year) in the sleepy village of La Jolla, California. "We had the added advantage of having as our next-door neighbor, a ballet studio," recalls founder J. Robert Beyster, Ph.D. "On the balcony in front of us, just to keep things light-hearted, the ballerinas would dance by as we did our research."