RPA Maintenance Manager
Las Vegas, NV, 89102, USA
**Business Line** Government
**Position Title** RPA Maintenance Manager
United States of America - Nevada
Geographic location of assignment is at RPA/PMO Las Vegas, NV in support of the Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) contract (may include TDY deployments to CONUS and OCONUS locations). The Maintenance Manager is responsible for providing the management and leadership necessary to coordinate safe and efficient Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) maintenance operations. The incumbent reports to the Program Manager and is administratively responsible for all assigned RPA maintainers. Directs the overall RPA maintenance functions of the contract, including all aspects of compliance with applicable DOD directives and principles of sound maintenance discipline.
1) Perform the duties of Accountable Manager in accordance with the qualifications listed below with the authority and overall responsibility for managing and implementing the RPA maintenance program, including all inspection functions. Assist in the formulation and execution of Company and Program policies, and report directly to the Program Manager.
2) Establish a department and staff capable to provide manpower, facilities, equipment, and tools necessary to attain the goals established for RPA maintenance operations.
3) Responsible for providing safe, reliable, on-time, airworthy RPA aircraft and Ground Control Systems (GCS) in support of customer requirements.
4) Schedule and program RPA maintenance checks, engine overhauls/inspections and time control component changes.
5) Responsible for maintenance program modernization requirements, including development of revised/updated training materials and instructions for RPA aircraft or GCS upgrades.
6) Responsible for timely revision, accuracy, and customer coordination and acceptance of all technical publications, maintenance manuals, and company maintenance policies.
7) Responsible of all aspects of mission assurance, safety, and reliability of maintenance employees and work spaces.
8) Responsible for the ground safety of all assigned RPA maintenance operations.
9) Measure, compile, and report maintenance performance metrics and relevant benchmarks as required by the Program Manager and customer representatives.
10) Use Company proprietary and government furnished computer-based tools, as well as written policies, procedures, and directives to conduct maintenance activities and assess manufacturer, customer, and company related information.
11) Oversee and monitor system logistics, materiel, and RPA sustainment, including associated inventories of parts and supplies.
12) Direct and assure that maintenance personnel comply with all manufacturer Airworthiness Directives, Engineering Authorizations, and Service Bulletins, as well as company and customer defined policies and procedures for the maintenance of the RPA fleet.
13) Coordinate with the RPA Training Manager to ensure that required training is provided and documented for unit personnel.
14) Support Quality Assurance programs, and coordinate closely with the RPA Quality Manager and Quality Assurance Representatives to execute an effective surveillance and inspection program.
15) Align company maintenance standards and practices with customer accepted policies and procedures, including compliance with applicable directives in AFI 21-101 and related instructions.
16) Adhere to contract standards as defined in the contract (including modifications), and the statement of work (as amended).
17) Review the maintenance delays and system discrepancies as a means to develop and implement appropriate measures to improve overall performance.
18) Develop and administer effective tool control and foreign object control programs.
19) Perform other duties and tasks as directed by the Program Manager.
20) Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant career field
- Minimum of 10 years general experience in aviation maintenance career fields; 8 years specific experience with USAF aircraft maintenance operations
- Management experience and skills to supervise a cadre of inexperienced and experienced RPA maintainers
- An extensive knowledge of RPA maintenance procedures and aircraft systems, DOD and Federal Government directives and procedures, and Company and Customer policies and guidelines
- Supervisory skills to coordinate the efforts of all assigned RPA maintainers to ensure the safe and efficient conduct of RPA operations
- Superior interpersonal and organizational abilities
- Computer/typing skills and knowledge of applicable software
- Willingness to work odd hours to include some evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and work location access
- Possess a valid state issued driver’s license
- Ability and willingness to travel to dispersed operating locations across the US and OCONUS
Employee must meet all overseas/OCONUS travel criteria, to include Pre-deployment medical screening (if req) as a condition of employment.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, and must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship upon hire.
DoD Top Secret Security Clearance eligibility is required. Must submit updated SF-86 within 30 days of hire start date.
Must be able to gain/maintain the required security clearance level and special access authorization as a condition of continued employment.
- Master’s degree in a relevant career field
- RPA maintenance experience
- Current/expired FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Prior experience as a Defense Contractor
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
**What We Offer**
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
_NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM._
**_Job Category_** _Program and Project Management_
**_Business Group_** _Management Services Group (MS)_
**_Country_** _United States of America_
**_Position Status_** _Full-Time_
**_Requisition/Vacancy No._** _177750BR_
_Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status._
Website : http://www.aecom.com
Twenty-five years ago, AECOM was formed when a handful of Ashland Inc. employees shared a dream of creating an industry-leading firm dedicated to making the world a better place. On April 6, 1990, AECOM became an independent company formed by the merger of five Ashland entities. While our official founding was in 1990, some of our predecessor firms had distinguished histories dating back more than 110 years. Since then, more than 50 companies have joined AECOM and, in 2007, we became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: ACM).