Manager, Operations (Business Aircraft Maintenance Service Center)-WIC04273
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft's Wichita Service Center is located at the original Learjet manufacturing site in the Air Capital of the World. Its dedicated staff of nearly 250 is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, as well as interior modifications, avionics installations, paint and provide Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. In April 2015, the facility expanded with an addition of 38,000 square feet of hangar space, bringing its total square footage to 113,000 and enabling the facility to service more aircraft, including Global aircraft.
In your role, you will:
- Responsible for the daily and overall operation of the aircraft maintenance department, to include schedules, budgets, personnel, and quality. May also include managing the performance of all aircraft maintenance activities for multiple line maintenance site(s).
- Perform managerial responsibilities and recommend related actions, for example, hire/fire, disciplinary actions, PMP, training and certifications, work assignments, scheduling vacation, monitoring attendance, review, approve, and verify/ensure accuracy of employees hours worked and time charged to correct aircraft program
- Develop and submit annual A/C maintenance department budget including manpower requirements to site Director
- Achieve (as reviewed by Base Director) monthly financial objectives for A/C maintenance department i.e., labor margin, capital expenditures, and budgeted operating expenses
- Ensure all maintenance performed on aircraft, engines, avionics, and aircraft components meet FAA regulations, as well as customer quality expectations
- Maintain compliance with all OSHA Health & Safety guidelines, as well as all Federal, State, and local environmental laws
- Coordinate aircraft program requirements among functional groups including operations, planning, scheduling, engineering, quality control, material and production control to ensure hanger is properly loaded and customer expectations are met
- Interface with customer representatives, coordinate customer communication activities and resolve any questions or disputes on customer invoiced for performed maintenance as needed
- Determine staff training needs in order to maintain work force qualifications and productivity
- Determine needs and assure proper tooling and equipment is available to support operational requirements and coordinate shared resources with other Operations Managers to optimize facility resources
- Solicit feedback from staff for development of new concepts and actively support and integrate continuous improvement activities into program procedures and processes in order to attain Service Center margins and ensure that efficiency objectives and customer satisfaction index goals are met
- Collect and analyze service and maintenance data to identify trends and ensure margin performance is achieved
- Monitor returned customer questionnaires in order to respond to customer concerns on all department personnel, equipment or quality of services rendered
- Approve payment of vendors' or suppliers' invoices for services or supplies required by maintenance department
- Monitor technical performance of A/C programs and recommend changes as needed which enhance service and profitability through increased repair capability
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a minimum 5 years experience working in an aircraft maintenance facility environment with 1-2 years progressive supervisory experience for a substantial technical work force
- You have a Bachelors degree in related area or equivalent years of experience
- You have an A & P Certificate or otherwise certificated per FAR Part 65
- You have working knowledge of FAA and Federal Aviation Regulations pertaining to maintenance programs and procedures
- You have working knowledge of process improvement methodology and application
- You have accounting and budgeting principals acumen necessary to read and interpret profit/loss statements, financial reports, and meet financial objectives for assigned area and programs
- You have working knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules and regulations as they apply to workplace safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations
- You have verbal and Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and at all levels throughout the organization
- You have business writing skills necessary to create various reports and correspondence
- You have the ability to forecast labor and skill requirements
- You have presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with customers and all levels of management
- You have planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign, and coordinate workload of assigned area and employees within a multiple project setting
- You have leadership skills necessary to make decisions with sound judgment, train and mentor employees for improved performance, coordinate activities of multiple departments, and guide day-to-day operations successfully
- You have research and analytical skills necessary to collect, analyze, and interpret survey data, customer behaviors, and general trends within the applicable aircraft market
- You have computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, email, and web-based applications
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
JOB: General Management
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-KS-Wichita
Zip Code US 67209
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
Job Posting: 15.05.2018, 8:42:55 PM
Website : http://www.bombardier.com
We look far ahead to see and shape the future of mobility. Our goal is to continuously find better ways to bridge distances and bring people together. Across cities, countries and the globe. This is our passion. As the world’s only manufacturer of planes and trains, we’ve built an extensive and diverse portfolio of winning mobility solutions. Everywhere people travel by land and in the air, a Bombardier product is ready to transport them. From category-defining business jets and commercial aircraft designed for the challenges of today, to sleek high speed trains and public transit that’s smarter than ever.