This is a variable hour traveling position servicing and repairing corporate jets (fractional customers). The work schedule varies from week to week including the number of days, hours and work location. This is a West Star Aviation position with a home base at our Scottsdale, Arizona location.
The successful candidate should enjoy working in various locations and be able to interact professionally with customers while providing high quality technical repairs on the aircraft.
Essential Job Functions
1. Perform all maintenance or avionics tasks and associated checks, inspections and/or troubleshooting as identified on the work order.
2. Perform work on a variety of corporate aircraft in different conditions and time constraints which can be located in various areas to include a controlled environment such as an aircraft hangar or the flight line which is subject to to variable weather conditions.
3. Complete work with the highest level of technical knowledge and experience, in addition to maintaining the utmost level of professionalism with customers, vendors and other flight department or customer personnel.
4. Adhere to all FAA Regulations, the West Star Aviation East Alton Repair Station Manual, Operations Manual and any other applicable Quality Manuals, Procedures and/or Regulations.
5. Ensure all documents are signed off completely, properly and timely in accordance with applicable manuals or regulations.
6. Technicians should be “travel ready” any day of the week with advance notice / scheduling or as few as 2 hours notice.
7. This position does not follow a normal work schedule therefore Technicians must be able to work an unscheduled week to include any number of days and hours necessary to complete the assigned work. This could include weekends and/or holidays. Advance notice will be provided in all cases when such notice is available to the company.
9. Accountable for tracking and timely reporting of all time worked and expenses incurred on a weekly basis.
10. Responsible to adhere to all company rules including Safety and Quality standards.
11. Any other job duties as assigned by the Manager of Satellite Operations and Mobile Repair.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Associates Degree in a related Aviation Science or Maintenance program - or equivalent aircraft experience.
3. A&P License.
1. Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience as an aircraft maintenance technician working in a service center on corporate aircraft performing flight line repairs and/or advance level troubleshooting and complex repairs. Prefer at least five (5) years of experience to on Citation, Gulfstream, Falcon, Embraer, Hawker, and/or Bombardier aircraft.
2. Must demonstrate a senior level of technical knowledge and ability to get tasks completed by working around obstacles in a safe and efficient manner.
3. Must understand and be willing to work a schedule that varies week to week to include the exact location in which the job is located, number of days and hours which could include overtime, weekends and/or holidays in order to return the aircraft to service. It is anticipated that overnight travel will happen regularly.
4. Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, customers, contractors and/or vendors.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate easily and accurately with other Mobile Repair Team Technicians, the Manager and customers. Must be able to work independently and responsibly without direct supervision.
6. Ability to maintain a valid and active driver’s license, passport, and credit card at all times. Along with any necessary airport / TSA specific badging to allow ramp access. Invalid documents may result in removal from the job.
7. Must maintain exemplary professionalism, courtesy and respect while representing West Star Aviation. The Mobile Repair Team provides a critical service for aircraft in need, and as such the customer service prowess of the Technician is equal in importance to the technical skills required.