Lockheed Martin Corporation
Job Description :
Work on innovative programs – find meaningful solutions – make an impact.
As part of the Sikorsky Aircraft team, you will help shape the future of vertical flight using advanced technology while working with the best minds in the industry on next-generation helicopter design solutions.
Seeking a Navigation Avionics Engineer with a demonstrated ability to design, develop, integrate, and qualify Navigation systems for the world’s leader in vertical flight solutions. You will work with a talented team of engineers and analysts to develop technical system requirements, oversee subsystem design and development, perform system integration, as well as conduct flight test efforts on military helicopter programs. You will also have the opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology—cybersecurity, autonomy, advanced flight controls and navigation, machine learning systems, high bandwidth secure communications and more.
• Support the full lifecycle of systems development for avionics products including concept design, system architecture, definition and management of requirements, modeling and simulation, managing suppliers, managing cost and schedule, System Integration Laboratory (SIL) integration, aircraft integration, verification, and flight testing.
• Define, develop and document specifications, and qualify integrated system solutions for military aircraft, such as the Black Hawk and Combat Rescue Helicopter.
• Participate in technical reviews of military avionics systems.
• Work with customers, partner companies, suppliers, and Sikorsky technical leaders.
• Provide technical support for avionics system safety and certification processes.
• Lead activities such as failure Investigations, root cause analysis and corrective action. Develop lessons learned, issue resolutions, and design standards.
• Provide engineering support, within your specialty, to teams working on performance, cost reduction and quality initiatives.
The winning applicant must be effective working in a highly collaborative team environment to accomplish program objectives. Strong verbal and writing skills are essential. Looking for hands-on expertise in design, analysis, development and operation of aircraft systems and avionics sub-systems (helicopters preferred).
System Integration Testing
• Familiarity with DO-178 Software Certification and/or DO-254 Electronics Hardware Certification.
• Knowledge of Mil Standards, Digital Busses architecture (Ethernet, ARINC-429, MIL-STD- 1553)
• Working knowledge of the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) technical standard.
• Working knowledge in an Agile Development environment.
• Working knowledge of EVMS / Control Account Management.
• WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, VISIO.
• 5 years’ technical experience in requirements definition, architecture, integration, verification, and qualification.
• Fault Tree Analysis
• Black Hawk Avionics Architecture
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation Disclaimer
Lockheed Martin utilizes our own internal Talent Acquisition Organization to fill our employment needs. If you are contacted over the phone or e-mailed, by a company listing a Lockheed Martin job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on Lockheed Martin's behalf, please do not respond. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation
Powered by SmashFly
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.