Chipton Ross, Inc
NAS Lemoore, CA 93246
167787, Aircraft Structures Technicians (2) - CA - C -
Aircraft Structures Technicians (2) - CA - C
Chipton-Ross is seeking 2 Product Repair/Mod Tech C located in NAS Lemoore, CA.
Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes. Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul. Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment. Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components. Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components. Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results). Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements. Oversees training. Works under general direction.
The following technical skills are mandatory requirements for this position:
• Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job, such as drill guide bushings, drill guide blocks, micrometers, calipers, scales, no-go gauges, cold working, cold bonding, basic electrical wiring and common drilling hand tools
• Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
• Read work orders and company process spec procedures to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern
• Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection with high importance on first time quality
• Align and assemble parts to be riveted using or moving jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners
• Work under moderate to no supervision on duties and tasks
• Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints
• Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions
• Must have good personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
• Ability to work with or sand composite fibers, resins, materials, aircraft sealants, paints, and hazardous materials such as aircraft fuel.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs also be able to climb ladders/stands/stairs and work in small spaces and/or restricted areas, stand for up to 10 hrs a day.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED and typically 4 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 6:30 AM - 3:30 PM
At the sole discretion of leadership, must be willing and able (on potentially short notice) to deploy/travel to a variety of locations (domestic and international) and for a variety of deployment durations to meet customer needs and the statement of work. Unless compelling reasons exist, failure to deploy/travel will be considered as a resignation.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Erin Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Chipton Ross, Inc
Fax : 6926