Lockheed Martin Corporation
Job Description :
Manages general servicing, repairs, and overhauls of aircraft to ensure that aircraft are in good mechanical condition and safe for flight. Perform as an integrated Air Frame Technician, providing support in maintaining the structure, low observable (LO) and hydraulic systems of the F-35, ensures Good Housekeeping and Safety practices are enforced. Responsible for customer training via On-The-Job Training and complete work assignments in accordance with joint technical guidance. May perform periodic inspections and general overhaul and repairs or modifications requiring replacement and assembly of parts. Provides technical assistance as required. Creates and assigns work-orders in the Autonomic Logistics Information System, Requisitions parts using the Autonomic Information System Performs Safety of Flight Completed Maintenance Inspections and In Progress Inspections. An FAA aircraft and power plant mechanic license is desirable.
Must be able to work a Flexible Shift Schedule.
Additional duties and related responsibilities will be assigned as required.
Physical Requirements: Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive movements, work overhead, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist.
*Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
* Must have an Interim Secret Clearance prior to starting.
- Must possess 4 years aircraft maintenance experience.
- Must have been previously awarded an Air Force 5 to 9 skill level or equivalent USMC or US Navy CDI qualification or possess equivalent civilian experience with associated credential such as a licensed FAA “Airframe and Power plant or Inspector Airframe license.
- F-35 aircraft or Fifth Generation aircraft maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of working with composites and Low Observable Coatings.
- Possess a functional capability on standard computer software programs.
- U.S. Navy, or U.S. Marine Corps experience with thorough understanding of Fighter Aircraft Systems and Operations under COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2.
- Experience and knowledge of Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) or Integrated Maintenance Information System (IMIS)
- Experience in Portable Maintenance Aid (PMA) activities such as aircraft forms documentation, technical data usage, and supply chain management activities.
- Working Knowledgeable of such programs as Hazardous Waste Management, Safety, Training, FOD, Security, Supply Chain Management, and Time Accounting
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Beaufort South Carolina
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation Disclaimer
Lockheed Martin utilizes our own internal Talent Acquisition Organization to fill our employment needs. If you are contacted over the phone or e-mailed, by a company listing a Lockheed Martin job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on Lockheed Martin's behalf, please do not respond. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation
Powered by SmashFly
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.