Lockheed Martin Corporation
Bethesda, MD, United States
Description: Become part of our team as an in-country integration engineer between flight control and subsystems for KF-X. This position is for engineering technical assistance to the KF-X development program. The selected candidate can deploy from their current location.
The KF-X program is seeking a person with extensive Flight Control System experience to advise KAI engineers during system development. The successful candidate will deploy from their current location and provide technical advice (to include training, guidance, support, and development assistance to KAI engineers while guiding detail development through the appropriate application of analysis methodologies, ground test, and flight test to achieve a design solution that meets customer needs. In addition to strong technical skills the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount.
The selected candidate will have high proficiency in flight control development and working knowledge of related engineering disciplines that include requirements definition, design, development, qualification, integration test support, verification, production and training for the KF-X flight control system. Overall tasks shall include – but not be limited to – providing subject matter guidance, training and mentoring to the customer engineers with focus in Flight Control integration with Subsystems.
• Hardware specification and interface requirements
• Integration, test, and verification requirements and procedures
Overall tasks shall include, but not be limited to, providing subject matter guidance, training and mentoring to the customer engineers. Must be willing to relocate do Korea. Upon selection, the candidate will receive details of the long-term benefits package associated with this international assignment.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Candidate must be able to relocate to Korea.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college
• At least 5 years of experience in system integration
• Background in flight control system development, integration, design verification, qualification testing, and production.
• Experience overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously to identify and resolve task conflicts and issues; experience interfacing with customers and subcontractors; proposal technical leadership experience.
• Experience mentoring and training other engineers
• Experience working on diverse engineering teams
• Experience with military or government programs
The following are desired but not required:
• Strong knowledge of aircraft system design and on-aircraft integration with preference in flight control system integration and verification
• Strong knowledge of serial digital buses, such as, Mil-Std-1553B, RS-422, and Ethernet
• Strong knowledge of sensor interface and electro-mechanical systems
• Experience with Export Control Compliance
• Experience with communicating cross-functionally
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Experience working in or with the Korean government or culture
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.