[[extTitle]] in [[location]]
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in aviation safety or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Four (4) years aviation safety or quality programs experience.
As an integral member of a site Safety Management System (SMS) team, the SMS Coordinator is responsible for daily, site-level administration of the SMS program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate the site SMS program in accordance with GAC guidance, through direct communication with the site SMS Manager.
2. Coordinate accident/incident investigation root cause analysis to determine possible trends and outline preventive strategies.
3. Promote and ensure compliance with the company SMS requirements, including risk identification, assessment and control.
4. Obtain, analyze and present operational data in order to assist in preventing personal injury and damage to aircraft and equipment.
5. Track and trend operational data for meaningful and actionable SMS proactive and predictive efforts.
6. Coordinate with site EHS focals for risk management activities as necessary.
7. Coordinate with the Site Safety Council and SMS Manager to identify required corrective action.
8. Responsible for communicating SMS related information across the site.
9. Research, create and develop new event detection and trending capabilities, prepare event analysis and create reports and presentations to better communicate and mitigate risk across the site.
10. Assist SMS investigators with data collection, analysis for root cause, development of preventive strategies and entry of investigation information into the Q-Pulse database.
11. Provide training/coaching for site managers and investigators in SMS operational requirements and Q-Pulse information entry.
12. Input information on risk assessments and assign actions to SMS investigators or other responsible functions as applicable.
1. Assist in preparing risk and SMS program performance information for site leadership.
2. Attend monthly teleconferences with Corporate SMS team.
3. Promote SMS at the site level.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrated experience that includes SMS, risk management, or quality assurance.
2. Accident/Incident investigation experience to include conducting root cause analysis, preferably in the aerospace industry.
3. AC experience a plus.
Languages Required (in addition to English): [[cusLanguage]]
Requisition Number: [[id]]
Posting Type: [[wherePosted]]
Percentage of Travel: [[custravRequired]]
Employment Type: [[filter2]]
Number of Openings: [[numberOpenings]]
Posting End Date: [[custPostEndDate]]
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap
Copyright © 2014 **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft