Lockheed Martin Corporation
Orlando, FL, United States
Engineering, Aerospace, Aviation, Entry Level
Sep 17, 2021
Dec 31, 2021
Description: At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. We are seeking talented Aeronautical engineers to join our team to help develop many best-in-class products and solutions at our Missiles and Fire Control Business Area in Orlando, FL. Click here to learn more about MFC.
• MFC is Seeking an Aerodynamicist Engineer to support system platform aerodynamic configuration and performance analysis using computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
• The Aerodynamicist will be an integral part of the combined Aerodynamic and GNC team performing simulation and modeling of missile 6DOF Integrated Flight Simulation (IFS). This activity includes generation of aerodynamics models and support for the maturation of GNC algorithms. Participation in system performance assessments, trade studies, and test data analyses related to optimal IFS Implementation of Guidance, Navigation, and Autopilot on-board algorithms may be required.
• In addition, the Aerodynamicist will perform wind tunnel test planning/execution/reporting. This includes, but not limited to, Wind Tunnel coordination, Wind Tunnel Model manufacturing oversight, incorporation of required algorithms into Wind Tunnel facility, Wind Tunnel Test Execution, and subsequent analysis of Wind Tunnel data supporting test activities. Candidate should have the ability to perform aerodynamic configuration and performance analysis using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and generate aerodynamics models and support for the maturation of GNC algorithms.
• Travel is required to support customer coordination and qualification test efforts.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain a DoD Interim Secret clearance prior to start.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) and NASTRAN experience is highly desired.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com