To plan the serving details for banquet functions. Guide, direct, and motivate banquet staff.
1. Directs setting up for tables correctly and uniformly in assigned area using
a. Clean, pressed linen
b. Clean, unspotted silverware
c. Clean china with no chips or cracks
d. Clean, unspotted glassware
e. Confirm the table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, breadbaskets, etc.) have been properly cleaned and filled
2. Plans the serving order and orchestrates its completion in a timely, quiet and courteous manner
3. Ensures the waiters and waitresses are ready to serve the meal when its prepared
4. Set-ups, serves and/or breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions as assigned
5. Performs any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. At least one year of banquet food service experience required
2. Previous customer service experience required
3. High school diploma or equivalent preferred
4. Knowledge of various food service styles
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MUST THE APPLICANTS SUPPLY THEIR OWN WORK PERMIT?: