Greenbelt, MD, United States
Nov 17, 2020
Mar 02, 2021
Flight Operations Engineer
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen and Registered for Selective Service
W2 with full benefits
Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
A successful candidate will train to become an LRO Operations Engineer. The list below reflects general duties and
responsibilities for this position:
• Monitor the health and safety of the LRO spacecraft and ground system.
• Monitor real-time activities and transmit daily loads to LRO.
• Respond to, identify and investigate spacecraft and ground anomalies.
• Write and maintain daily operations records – daily blogs, activity requests, engineering changes, etc.
• Perform daily mission planning activities.
• Perform daily trending and data analysis activities.
• Perform verification testing using the LRO Spacecraft Simulator for all off-nominal activities prior to use on the
• Will work off-nominal hours during special operations
• Will become the MOT resident expert in a specified spacecraft subsystem and science instrument
• Operations certification – mission planning, trending, and real-time control certifications by start date plus six months
• OpsLead certification – operations shift lead by start date plus 18 – 24 months.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- The Operations Engineer position requires the candidate to have the following skills and qualifications:
• B.S. in engineering, mathematics, physics or computer sciences with at least one year of related experience.
• Good communication skills.
• Self-motivated; able to work autonomously, with minimal direction.
• Works well with a team.
• Prior experience in spacecraft operations: real-time satellite console (command, control, and telemetry analysis) operations certification is required.
- The following are skills desired for this position:
• ITOS and STOL experience.
• Experience with data processing, flight dynamics and ground networks.
• Experience with Ilog rule development.
• Spacecraft subsystem/instrument performance analysis experience.
• Windows and Linux experience.
• Experience with C, BASH, PERL, and Python Languages.
• Experience with XML and SQL databases
Number of positions
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Columbus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. If you are disabled and require accommodation or assistance in applying for a position or completing an application please call Ryan Nagahiro, Recruiting Manager at 310-356-5660 to complete over the phone or in-person. EEO/AA/MFDV
Columbus participates in E-Verify
Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc.
1960 E. Grand Ave. Suite 1000
El Segundo, CA 90245
© Copyright 2015 by Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc.