Job Description :
This position will be located in Misawa, Japan. The successful candidate will relocate in-country to Japan for a minimum of two (2) years and will act as part of the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics technical interface to the on-site customer (Operations and Maintenance) in resolving issues arising from maintenance or modification activities for all matters dealing with the F-35 aircraft. The preferred candidate will be either a Vehicle System (VS), Mission Systems (MS) Subject Matter Expert (SME) or be an emerging authority who has the skillset to accomplish troubleshooting and analysis of APG/Vehicle Systems or AVS/Mission Systems.
Other job responsibilities include attending debriefings as required to aid in the rapid identification of emerging issues that would require company intervention to avoid aircraft downtime. Fully and completely document all unusual operational/maintenance problems to support identifying emerging failure trends. Initiate Action Requests (AR). Identify unique operational problems that require technical, procedural or quality assurance actions to resolve. Provide on-site assistance to company and customer personnel initiating ARs. Provide training to customer personnel. Must be willing to work and interact with all level of personnel from maintainer communities to engineers and other companies. Candidates must be able to work with and communicate well both orally and written in a team environment as this position involves significant interface with customer personnel at all levels. Candidate must be a self starter and have the ability to establish and maintain a library of technical documentation. Manage and track multiple engineering and logistic support activities, providing periodic status to the customer and program management team.
- Must be willing to travel and go on Temporary Duty Assignments (TDY's) as required to support customer requirements
- US Department of Defense (DOD) mandated vaccinations may be required depending on deployment locations
- Travel to hazardous locations may be required
- Must be willing to work any shift including weekends to support customer needs
Must be able to obtain F-35 Special Program Access. Must have an active Final Secret Clearance. Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that will require special access.
Bachelor's degree or will accept 4 years experience in an aviation environment in lieu of a Bachelor's degree;
Additional skills in one if the following:
*For APG/Vehicle Systems candidates:
-7 years APG/Vehicle Systems experience
*For Mission Systems candidates:
- Minimum 5 years experience with Avionics/Mission Systems
- Technical report writing skills
- Extensive background in drawing/schematic reading and interpretation
- Fault isolation and problem analysis experience at the sub-system level
The following are desired, but not required:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Airframe & Power plant (A&P) license
- F-35 or F-22 Vehicle Systems/Mission Systems experience
- Knowledge of CATIA & System/Software Engineering Environment (S/SEE)
- Previous Field Service FSE/REP experience
- Military Fighter Aircraft experience
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Fort Worth Texas
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Job Class :
Foreign Location :
Misawa A B, Japan
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)