Point Mugu NAWC, CA 93041
ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations. We are reviewing resumes for qualified Aircraft Mechanics (I) with T56 Turboprop Engine Powerplant experience in support of current and future positions. Candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted when an active vacancy occurs.This position may remain posted even when there is not an active vacancy.
Primary Duties and
* Performs Intermediate level (I-level) repair of T56-A-425/427 engines and engine modules
* Inspects and maintains engines and their related systems, including but not limited to induction, cooling, fuel, oil compression, combustion, turbine, compressor, exhaust and propeller systems; pre-flight aircraft; periodic and special inspections
* Conduct periodic, Integrated Maintenance Concept (IMC) / Phase inspections, and Hourly Inspections on engines and engine-related systems; field-test and adjust engine components, including fuel controls, pumps, valves and regulators; and preserve and de-preserved engines, engine accessories and components
* Reads and interprets maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
* Replaces or repairs worn or damaged components, such as fuel controls, fuel pumps, oil pumps, and engine mounted gearboxes, and compressor bleed valves using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment
Education and Experience Requirements
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* A minimum of 4 years of experience performing the above duties and responsibilities
* Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
Work Environment (ADA)
* May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
* This position will require U.S. citizenship and the ability to successfully complete a government background check.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.