Mountain Home, ID 83647
ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations. Due to a recent contract award, we have immediate opportunities for skilled F-15 Avionics Aircraft Mechanics to support our Contractor Field Team at Mountain Home AFB. Qualified candidates will have the skills required to identify and isolate F-15 integrated avionics systems malfunctions and analyze performance, and the ability operate integrated avionics systems to determine operational condition.
Primary Duties and
* Inspect integrated avionics systems, post entries, and maintain inspection and maintenance records
* Inspect avionics systems and determine operational status; and interpret inspection findings and determine correction action adequacy
* Inspect, service, and perform general aircraft handling procedures
* Remove, install, align, and check integrated avionics systems; remove and install LRUs; operationally check externally mounted avionics equipment; perform modifications
* Inspect avionics systems and determine operational status, and interpret inspection findings to determine correction action adequacy
Education and Experience Requirements
* High school diploma, or equivalent, with successful completion of related military or commercial courses. Courses in basic electronics, mathematics, general science, and mechanics are desirable
* Minimum of 6 years total experience, with two years recent, in aircraft maintenance support
* 2 years of recent experience on F-15 aircraft as an avionics systems technician required
* Extensive knowledge required in the following areas:
* Electronic, microelectronic, gyro, synchro, mechanical, and indicator principles, theory, and application
* factors involved in transmitting and receiving within the radio frequency and radar frequency ranges
* Digital computer logic
* Using and interpreting testing and measuring devices
* Principles of aerodynamics and motion and power transmission by mechanical and electronic means
* Electronic combat principles
* Concepts and application of maintenance directives
* Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
* Normal color vision as defined in AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards is mandatory for this specialty.
Work Environment (ADA)
* May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
* This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret security clearance.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.