American Financial Group, Inc
Location US-NJ-East Brunswick
Posted Date 5 days ago(5/10/2018 2:08 PM)
Job ID 23596
# Positions 1
Position Type Full Time
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a small company culture where your ideas will be heard with big company expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The Aviation Division partners with independent retail and wholesale brokers to address the coverage needs and loss exposures of organizations that are in some way connected to the aviation industry.
The division is currently searching for an Associate Underwriter I who will be responsible for reviewing documents, assisting underwriters and / or underwriting renewal policy transactions within their underwriting authority and company guidelines.
* Applies rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations. Proofs policy information on an assigned product, territory and / or agency(ies).
* Completes policy documentation, file set-up, and generally assists and supports underwriting with policy creation.
* Orders, reviews and takes appropriate action on required reports, endorsement requests, service requests and general correspondence.
* Organizes the underwriting information to speed decision making on the part of the underwriter.
* Provides information to Rating and to Processing that is needed to issue policies and endorsements on a timely basis. May issue, process or code transactions
* Gathers information on new and renewal business and change requests to support underwriter decision making.
* Investigates discrepancies in the information gathered.
* Reviews premium and loss data on an individual account as part of renewal underwriting, change underwriting or mid-term underwriting.
* Reviews insurance applications and other risk documentation. Reviews underwriting requirements and refers applications, endorsement requests or other correspondence for further underwriting analysis when outside of written authority.
* Analyzes individual risk pricing for new business submissions and renewals within written authority
* Communicates with agents to obtain information needed to underwrite risks and address issues. Researches and responds to questions from agents.
* May include template policy review and actions such as endorsement within assigned authority level.
* Performs other duties as needed.
* Must have a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the aviation insurance industry. Candidates with 4 years of aviation industry experience will also be considered.
* Fundamental knowledge of P & C coverages, forms and terminology.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong grasp of work flow and procedures.
* Strong consideration will be given to veterans.
* Ability to make good decisions.
*The level of this position will be based on qualifications.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
American Financial Group, Inc
Website : http://www.afginc.com
AFG is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities. AFG's purpose is to enable individuals and businesses to manage financial risk using insurance products and services tailored to meet their specific and ever-changing risk exposures. AFG's strategy is to allocate capital to insurance operations which management believes offer a competitive advantage or unique opportunities.