Serco Group plc
Job Description Air Traffic Control Specialists (ATCS) control air
traffic on and within the vicinity of the airport according to
established procedures and policies to prevent collisions and minimize
delays arising from traffic congestion. The incumbent is responsible
for the safe, orderly and expeditious movement of air traffic through
the nations airspace. ATCS duties include:
- Answering radio calls from arriving and departing aircraft.
- Issuing landing/takeoff instructions.
- Issuing information such as runway to use, wind velocity and
direction, visibility, taxiing instructions, and pertinent data on
other aircraft operating in vicinity.
- Issuing air traffic clearances.
- Providing advice based on their own observations and information
from the National Weather - Service, IFR control facilities, flight
service stations, pilots, and other sources.
- Taking and disseminating weather observations at Limited Aviation
Weather Reporting Station (LAWRS) or Supplemental Aviation Weather
Reporting Station (SAWRS) facilities.
- Transferring control of aircraft to receiving facilities when
aircraft leave their airspace, and receiving control of aircraft
coming into their airspace.
- Operating various types of equipment such as: radios, telephones,
interphones, computer systems, radar, recording systems, weather
equipment, light guns, airport/runway lighting systems, and backup
- Alerting airport emergency crews and other designated personnel when
aircraft are having flight difficulties.
- Coordinating with and issuing instructions to airport vehicles and
- Maintaining and disseminating records of daily operations
- Other duties as assigned
Prior to being considered for this position, applicant must:
1. Have a copy of their Control Tower Operator (CTO) Airmen
- In accordance with FAR 65.39, applicant must have satisfactorily
served as an air traffic control tower operator with a facility
rating for at least 6 months...
- If necessary, to replace an Airmen Certificate, go to the following
2. Have a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate (FAA Form 8500-9).
- To find an FAA Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) in your area, go to
the following website:
The rate of pay for this position is $29.55 per hour.
Applicants applying to this position must available for work within 60
Required Skills ~ Work is generally performed in a normal office
environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or
hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at
client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required.
Employment Type Full time
Serco Group plc
Website : http://www.serco.com/
Serco improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world. The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence. Our private sector customers are industry-leading organisations in a wide variety of markets.