Date Last Verified
Intern: A&P Technician - 2018-DAL00833
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
At **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Business Aircraft's Dallas Service Center is centrally located at Love Field Airport, and is the home of the Service Center Network headquarters. With its dedicated staff of over 110, the facility features 100,000 sq ft of space and is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled heavy maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Canada, Brazil, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Mexico and South Africa.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Business Aircraft's Dallas Service Center has an exciting internship opportunity available for an Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Technician Intern. This opportunity is intended to provide future A&P Technicians with practical experience as they prepare for a career in the exciting and rewarding industry of aviation.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. General Work Requirements for factory, shop and/or hangar positions
- Comply with environmental health / safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect and perform maintenance on Customer aircraft
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assist other maintenance disciplines
As our ideal candidate,
- You are currently enrolled in a Technical School/Program working towards a certification in the Aviation Maintenance Field
- You have completed 50% of your school's curriculum
- You have exemplary attendance as well as grade point average
- You will typically have 0-2 years of aviation maintenance work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
- You have the ability to work a flexible schedule (20-40 hours per week) which may include nights and weekends. Note: Hours of the internship will vary due to the work load and the student's schedule (i.e. may work more hours in the summer, then less when the student goes back to school).
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and/or aircraft status
- You have basic PC skills
- You own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate inventory and control of tools
- You must obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as required
- You must be able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA)
- You currently live/reside within a reasonable commutable distance of the service center
Please note: Relocation or housing assistance is not available for this position. No visa sponsorship is available for this position
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
OPEN HOUSE - Come meet with us on:
Friday, August 17th
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Dallas Aircraft Service Center
7336 Aviation Place
Dallas, TX 75235
Experienced A&P, Mechanics, Avionics Technicians, Structural Specialists and Material Handlersare welcome to join us at our upcoming OPEN HOUSE to tour the facility and meet our hiring managers.
Light snacks will be provided.
JOB: Aviation Technicians
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-TX-Dallas
Zip Code US 75235
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Temporary
Job Posting: 08.08.2018, 2:51:11 PM
22.08.2018, 11:59:00 PM