Position Title: Aviation Maintenance Technology Instructor
Dept: Aviation Maintenance
Employee Status: Full-time (9-month)
Reports to: General supervision is received from the Dean of Aviation, Engineering and Apprenticeship.
Supervision Exercised: Functional supervision may be exercised over student workers.
Teach assigned classes and laboratory sections, and perform related activities to classroom instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Related duties may be assigned.
* Meet classes at assigned times. (Schedule normally includes both day and evening classes.)
* Plan course content and assign appropriate course work.
* Maintain student records.
* Evaluate student progress and assign grades.
* Revise course outlines, objectives, and catalog information as needed.
* Select appropriate texts and teaching materials.
* Maintain office hours convenient for students.
* Prepare course/class reports as required.
* Attend and participate in conferences related to teaching area; membership in appropriate professional organizations is recommended.
* Submit budget requests and written narrative when appropriate.
* Keep informed on the latest industry and Technical developments.
* Attend required meetings (faculty, division, in-service training, etc.).
* Assist in short-range and long-range planning.
* Assist in developing and maintaining educational pathways for high school, as well as adult and continuing education students.
* Participate in division, college, advisory committees, and community activities.
* Instruct students in the proper use of lab equipment where appropriate.
* See that equipment and/or labs are properly maintained where appropriate.
* Maintain supply and equipment inventory where appropriate.
* Make minor repairs on machines or other lab equipment when practical and appropriate.
* Participate in assessment of student learning.
* Regular attendance is expected.
* Using tact and courtesy, the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with persons contacted in the course of work.
* Assist in student program advisement.
* Recruit students when appropriate.
* Assist in work-based placement (e.g., internships, apprenticeships, post-graduation opportunities) when appropriate.
* Assist in course and student outcomes assessments.
* Work closely with the aviation professional associations.
* Interface with the Federal Aviation Administration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. Physical requirements include the ability to stand for 4 hours and the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Conditions of Employment: This is a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track position. Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and group life insurance plans are offered and State Universities Retirement System (SURS) administered retirement plan. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Flexibility in work schedule is necessary. Interest in serving a diverse student population is essential.
* A bachelor's degree in aviation maintenance technology or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience is required.
* Current Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics Certificate.
* Three years of diversified field experience in aircraft maintenance.
* Successful college-level teaching experience in aviation maintenance technology or related field.
* Commitment to the mission of the community college and interest in involvement in department, division and College initiatives.
* Experience in computer-assisted instruction and related technology.
* Inspection authorization, supervisory experience, regional and/or transport category aircraft experience, teaching experience, and pilot's license.
Application Process: Applicants are encouraged to submit the following materials electronically at ****or documentation may be submitted under single cover to the address listed below. The search and screen committee will begin evaluating the application materials immediately. Applications may continue to be received until the position is filled.
* Letter of application, which specifically addresses how you are qualified for the position.
* Current vita, including names, addresses, and telephone numbers of a minimum of three professional references.
* Three recent letters of recommendation, preferably from individuals familiar with teaching abilities.
* Unofficial transcripts of all college-level course work. Offer to hire cannot be extended without official transcripts.
* Documentation of successful prior classroom instruction (optional).
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Human Resource Services
3301 N. Mulford Road
Rockford, IL 61114
Additional information may be obtained by visiting our web page at ****
RVC is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing diversity and encourages
applications from members of underrepresented groups. EOE.