Air National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5)
$37.94 to $44.26
Open & closing dates
$37.94 to $44.26 per hour
Pay scale & grade
Temporary - Indefinite NTE 4 Years
1 vacancy in the following location:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
***Appointment is INDEFINITE (for a period NTE 4 years) OR may become Permanent. It can also be terminated at any time, with a 30 day notice.***
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC SUPERVISOR, Position Description Number D0734000 and is part of the 180 AMX SQ, Ohio Air National Guard.
The purpose of this position is to supervise workers, either directly or through one or more subordinate leaders and/or supervisors, in accomplishing the operations of a distinct organizational unit and to perform associated nonsupervisory work. The occupation and nonsupervisory grade level which best reflects the nature of the overall work operations supervised is Aircraft Mechanic, WG-8852-10.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
OHIO AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Ohio Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Ohio Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Ohio Air National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
As a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC SUPERVISOR, WS-8852-10, you will perform the following duties:
(1) Planning: Plans weekly or monthly work schedules and sequence of operations. Establishes deadlines and priorities based on established general schedules, methods and policies. Determines skills, materials and equipment required to do the work. Participates in the initial planning of current and future work schedules and development of budget requests. Provides workload data, estimates, information on staffing needs, and recommendations as the scheduling of projected work.
(2) Work Direction: Assigns tasks to be performed. Explains work requirements, methods, and procedures. Instructs subordinates on new procedures or methods and provides assistance on difficult or new problem areas. Reviews work in progress or on completion. Makes adjustments as necessary to effectively and economically accomplish the work. Notes and investigates work related problems and independently implements corrective actions which can be taken without affecting work operations controlled by other supervisors. Assures that equipment and materiel is available when needed. Coordinates work with other units.
(3) Administration: Recommends and participates in the selection of personnel to fill vacancies. Schedules and approves leave of subordinates. Sets performance requirements and makes formal and informal performance appraisals. Determines training needs of subordinates and arranges for its accomplishment. Counsels employees on problems. Adjusts informal complaints through discussions with employees and union representatives. Takes informal corrective action on conduct or performance problems. Initiates proposals for disciplinary action where needed. Works to achieve the objectives of Government-wide programs and policies, e.g., equal employment opportunity and labor management relations. Promotes the participation of subordinates in programs such as the suggestion program, cost reduction program, etc. Ensures that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed with appropriate protective clothing and equipment being utilized. Maintains production reports and records. Periodically reviews position descriptions of subordinates for currency and accuracy. Initiates the detailing of subordinates to positions other than their own. Initiates or participates in review and improvement of work methods, organizational
features, and the structuring of positions to eliminate unnecessary positions and achieve optimum content in those remaining.
(4) Performs the nonsupervisory work of the function as needed. (5) Implements regulatory safety requirements and ensures that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Open to current members of the Ohio Air National Guard.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
8852 Aircraft Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
Ohio Air National Guard Membership is required.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Ohio Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Ohio Air National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Military Grades: E7 - E7
Compatible Military Assignments: 2A373
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience or training installing, adjusting, aligning, troubleshooting and functionally testing the various major and minor mechanical and pneudraulic systems on an aircraft during overhaul or modification. Experience coordinating the work of other mechanics, and scheduling maintenance to ensure completion of critical actions and optimum workflow. Must have the ability to instruct lower graded mechanics, military and other personnel in the disassembly and re-assembly of crash damaged engines, transmissions, gearboxes, hydraulic components, and fuel controls sufficient for the exhibit to be returned to its shipping container.
***If serving under an incentive contract, termination of that incentive(s) will occur effective one day prior to your AGR, Permanent Military Technician, or Indefinite Military Technician start date. Temporary Military Technicians will have their incentive terminated if their tour exceeds 179 days in a continuous 12-month period.***
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Ability to Lead or Supervise
Background checks and security clearance
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume showing current Military grade, current AFSC, current unit of assignment, work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment, and all duties performed.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Benefits for federal employees
Pay and leave
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account ( https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login
), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/
Agency contact information
OH 180 Fighter Wing
2660 South Eber Road
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when: An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations
or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period
Note: We cannot accept applications on behalf of Federal Agencies. Application instructions are listed within the Job Description.
Air National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5)