Duncan Aviation, Inc.
The Install Team Leader manages the day-to-day activities of team members to ensure quality workmanship is performed in an efficient and professional manner; and acts as a positive role model by mentoring team members, supporting company and shop decisions, and assisting in communicating and accomplishing shop and team goals and objectives. In addition, this position manages all aspects of assigned installation projects to ensure timeliness and quality of these projects; and completes inspections, performs functional tests and completes all required paperwork in a safe, clean and organized work area.
Essential Job Functions
1. Manages team by scheduling and assigning work for team members and monitoring day-to-day activities of team members to ensure efficient team operation and proper allocation of resources.
2. Prioritizes and manages multiple complex projects by developing flowcharts and timelines and working with internal and external customers, for assigned projects. Attends pre-planning meetings and customer debriefs. Monitors project staffing needs, parts status and workflow to ensure timely delivery.
3. Oversees, completes and maintains accurate and timely aircraft and project documentation, including reviewing preliminary reports to ensure accuracy of forecasted and billed labor hours, reviewing work orders and invoices, etc. Ensures timely and accurate inventory allocation, appropriate sign-off language, and accurate charges for labor and outside services are applied prior to billing. Participates in reviewing of the final invoice with appropriate management and sales personnel for profitability, accuracy, and accountability. Assists professionally and courteously in addressing customer billing disputes and work order reviews for maintenance actions performed by team members.
4. Encourages growth and development of assigned team members promoting team cohesiveness and trust. Monitors and evaluates team members performance in a professional, positive, accurate and timely manner. Identifies and recommends technical and non-technical training needs and programs to the department management. Oversees and ensures active participation of team members in the departmental coaching program. Participates in personal and leadership development opportunities and demonstrates leadership and professionalism at all times.
5. Supervises the installation and repairs of aircraft wiring and new avionics equipment. Performs system checks, troubleshoots and repairs squawks to ensure functionality of system installations. Records, analyzes and interprets test information. Collaborates with Engineering and other departments to solve problems.
6. Maintains current industry, equipment and FAA knowledge by attending factory classes, OJT and by researching and reading technical documents, trade publications, FARs, etc. Assists lesser experienced technicians in interpreting Company policies and the FARs.
7. Available to work all department alternate shifts as needed, and able to accomplish road trips within the United States and also other countries as needed.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
Duncan Aviation, Inc.
Website : http://www.duncanaviation.aero