Position Title: Senior Analyst, Fatigue Risk Management System
The Senior Analyst, Fatigue Risk Management System supports the JetBlue Safety department by analyzing, investigating and reporting on human fatigue-related information from safety reports, scheduling data and other fatigue-related sources. The Senior Analyst will administer a data-driven FRM program, based largely upon scientific principles and operational knowledge, which allows for continuous monitoring and management of safety risks associated with fatigue.
· Investigate, analyze and research fatigue reports and related scheduling and operational data to identify fatigue trends and associated flight safety risks.
· Conduct statistical analysis studies to support any FAA Fatigue Risk Management System applications
· Acts as liaison with representatives from operational departments, Union and/or Values Committees and the FAA regarding the development and administration of the JetBlue FRMS.
· The Senior Analyst will administer the Fatigue Review Board (FRB) and Fatigue Event Review Committee (FERC) meetings and associated processes to ensure the continued management of fatigue risk through oversight and corrective actions.
· The production of reporting metrics to quantify fatigue risk on the schedule and within the JetBlue operation
· Develops communications for flight Crewmembers and other key internal stakeholders, providing critical feedback for fatigue risk management awareness.
· Assists the Director, Flight Safety and Manager, Fatigue Risk Management System in implementation and development of the Fatigue Risk Management Plan (FRMP) and FRMS in accordance with FAA regulations and guidance.
· Management and utilization of predictive fatigue models and their implementation within the company.
· Identification and management of scientific research that is relevant to the operation of the FRMS
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
· Bachelor Degree in aviation management, safety, human factors, statistics, data science, other related field,
· Three (3) years’ experience working with safety management, data management, flight operations and/or scheduling systems
· Individual must demonstrate initiative and assertiveness and possess the ability to interact with all levels of Leadership
· Proficient with Microsoft Office
· Knowledge and understanding of flight and duty time regulations (e.g. FAR117)
· Experience setting up and executing data analyses and studies
· Ability to act as a Safety Ambassador for the organization (internally and externally)
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Problem solving skills
· Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
· Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
· Experience in Fatigue Risk Management Systems and Safety Management Systems
· Experience utilizing fatigue software i.e. SAFTE-FAST, SAFE, FAID
· Proficiency in Business Intelligence &/or Statistical software (i.e. Spotfire, SAS, R, Python, SPSS)
· Experience in developing, facilitating training and giving presentations both small and large audiences in various levels of leadership
· Experience in safety investigations
· Experience in Operations / Crew Services
· Regular attendance and punctuality
· Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
· Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
· When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
· Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
· Must fulfill safety accountabilities as prescribed by JetBlue’s Safety Management System
· Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
· Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
· Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
· Uphold JetBlue’s safety performance metric goals and understand how they relate to their duties and responsibilities.
· Computer and other office equipment
· Normal office environment
· Extensive and varied travel
· Irregular working hours
· Comfortable with changing priorities with short notice
· Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement
Website : http://www.jetblue.com
JetBlue Airways is dedicated to bringing humanity back to air travel. We strive to make every part of your experience as simple and as pleasant as possible. Unfortunately, there are times when things do not go as planned. If you're inconvenienced as a result, we think it is important that you know exactly what you can expect from us. That's why we created our Customer Bill of Rights. These Rights will always be subject to the highest level of safety and security for our customers and crewmembers.